Something that I learned growing up is that reading is awesome. Seriously, I love it. There are many reasons why I began to love to read and there are also many books that helped me grow to love the forgotten hobby. Here are some of the many reasons why I love to read (and why you should give it a try):
- It takes you to another world. When I feel stressed out by the world around me, reading is one of the best ways for me to find solitude. You can focus on the character’s life rather than your own, and that’s pretty neat.
- You can read literally anywhere. When you’re on a long plane/car ride you can have the book out for hours without it needing a charge like your phone (duh). But it is a pretty easy means of entertainment.
- If you are reading a sexy scene no one will know, but if you are watching one on tv then people will definitely see. Not saying that reading sexy scenes is a reason to like books, but you can read books outside of your comfort zone and no one will be able to judge you.
- It can make you happy! This kind of depends because if you are reading The Fault in Our Stars you may not be happy but any other book can bring a smile to your face.
- It can inspire you. When you read it is like a movie playing in your head that is telling you to go on an adventure. For example, when I read Eat, Pray, Love I was inspired to want to travel to Italy and India to ‘find myself.’
Now, onto some of my favorite books that I have ever read. If you want to take a look at them you should follow the link below to Audible.com!
Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks <—– This is totally free (just sign up and get your 2 free audio books!)
Audible has a HUGE library of books and it reads the book to you! If you follow that link you will get 2 free Audible books; I chose Leave Your Mark by Aliza Licht (seriously such a great book for those interested in the realm of PR or really anyone who is going to be an intern) and Crippled America by Donald Trump (I’m trying to be an informed voter; great book!).
So what are you waiting for? Follow that link and get yourself 2 free audio-books that will be read to you!!!
p.s. There is an iPhone app for Audible…. you can listen off of your phone
Ok, so now onto my favorite books:
- Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham. I read this in a day….it was so good. She basically tells you about all of the things she has learned in her life and it is a funny book. It helped me to feel empowered and learn a few things about myself.
- The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins. This is an obvious choice but it is a great series because the author truly turns the words into a movie in your head.
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. If you want to feel inspired then read this book. It is great because it is all about a woman finding herself and what is more inspiring than that?
- 50 Shades of Grey by E.L. James. I feel awkard for saying this series is one of my favotires, but it’s not for the reason you think. I think it is an intricately written love story and honestly, the way it is written is just exceptional
- Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella. This might just be because I too am a shopaholic. No, but really, it is witty and cute and I love the character. It is a fun and easy read.
If you decide to try one of these books out there are a few good things:
- They are almost all a part of a series.
- They almost all also have a movie
So you can really get involved with the characters because they’ll be around for a little bit;)
Thanks to Amazon for partnering with me to bring you all the opportunity to get 2 free audio-books with the link above! All of the opinions are all my own.